Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sponsorship Opportunity

Hey yall,

For anyone interested in school sponsorship for little ones, I wanted to put this bug in your ear. At least for me in the past, I have always wanted to, but never sure how to plug in and know where the money is going exactly, stay connected with the child, and all those details. So, wanted to let you know of the legit program at Atin Afrika, where I work. I have been there almost every day these last 4 months and watched how to they handle their kids and sponsors, and I can confidently say they do it very well. Currently, there are 16 boys (ones I have been teaching/discipling these past months) who are about to begin school this next term, for the first time since being on the street. Their ages range from 6-15 years. They have become sort of like my pride and joy, I wish I could sponsor all of them! However, I am picking up one, possibly two. The foundation also pulls sponsors from Canada through the founder, a gal from those ends. So, all to say, I know God will provide a sponsor for each child. But, if this pulls on any of your hearts, to sponsor, I would highly encourage you to do it through this program. Check out their website to get the details: atinafrika.org. Basically though, its 30 bucks a month to provide all the kids needs. Also, since I will be here for the next few months, I can link u up with the child on Skype to meet them. They are all VERY excited to meet their sponsor, someone who wants to commit caring for them: this is a big thing. Keep in mind they are coming from a background of being vulnerably alone and pushed aside, so any sentiment of love and attention given to them, speaks loudly.

I leave you with that! Let me know if this interests any of you :) Here are some recent pics of them...

G




1 comment:

  1. Gracie, I am emailing you about sponsoring one of those handsome young men.

    ReplyDelete